Monday, November 1, 2010

11/1/10

Buenos Dias Amigos,

I hope everyone had a pleasant Halloween. I know I'm still trying to recover from all the partying and debauchery. In any case, here's the hot joint cures of the week for that candy and alcohol hangover. Enjoy!!!

Music
Wiz Khalifa --- Black and Yellow


You may remember Pittburgh native rapper Wiz Khalifa from his hit single a couple years back "Say Yeah". It's the one that samples Alice Deejay's Better off Alone. Well, monsieur Khalifa is back this year with another new single that's already killing the airwaves. While the song is named Black and Yellow in honor of the Pittsburgh Steelers (BOOOOOO!!!!!), I won't hold that against the song too much because it doesn't actually say anything about the Steelers, so I suppose it's ok. The beat is hot, the lyrics are hot. Everything about this track makes you wanna bounce in your car. 4.5/5 Stars because of the name of the song and because the music video is a bunch of people waving Terrible Towels.

Movies:
Saw 3D


Yes, I know. I can't believe another Saw movie was made either. But, if you're like me, once you like a particular movie series, no matter how many movies they make, you have to continue seeing them. And Saw is no different. I loved the first Saw, it was ground-breaking and unlike anything I had ever seen previously. 2 was still decent, with a neat twist, but not as good as 1. 3 Was the first time I thought the series was going to end...and yet...it didn't. How the movies can continue without the main villain...ehh I'm not even gonna begin the argument. Then the producers somehow made Saw 4, 5 and 6. So when Saw 3D came out this year...I was like "you have to be kidding me". Nonetheless it had become tradition at this point, to go see the Saw movies Halloween weekend with my cousin, and so I did. All in all, it was a decent movie...as far as thriller horror movies go. Definitely not my favorite of the series, and by this point, I'm so desensitized to the gore and brutality of the traps that it no longer affects me as harshly anymore. Nonetheless, if you are a fan of the Saw series at all, and you enjoyed the previous ones, you'll probably also enjoy this one. 3/5 Stars

Restaurants:
Vienna Inn


I had heard a couple times from people that there existed a restaurant in Vienna that made great chili dogs. As far as American classics go, the chili cheese dog is among my favorite indulgences. So last week, I ventured out to Vienna Inn to check it out. This place is awesome. It's literally a dive bar in the heart of Vienna. Rock music plays over the speakers. Cute waitresses run around taking orders. And the menu is everything you could possibly want from a dive bar in terms of chili and cheese. The Chili Cheese dogs were delicious (and only cost $1.50 each). The Chili Mac was also great, although now that I know that the dogs are so cheap, I'm gonna just do those instead. And the fries were great as well (try the Gravy Fries if you want something different you've never had before). On top of that, the restaurant has birch beer, which is one of my favorite sodas. You gotta check this place out next time you're in Vienna or in the mood for hot dogs. 4/5 Stars

No comments: