Monday, March 5, 2007

Ole....Ole Ole Ole!

I've been a soccer fan my whole life. I started playing soccer when I was 5 because my dad played soccer in college and thought he'd start me on it. I took a 5 year hiatus from competitive soccer when I hit college, but now that I'm a working professional, I've dedicated a lot of my free time back to my favorite sport. Last year, I started coaching a boys U10 team. It's awesome to watch 10 year old kids play. That's the age when they don't have a care in the world. School is easy, there's no teenage drama to worry about, and they sure as hell don't have any work/class/grown up stress to worry about. All they care about is playing a game. Even when they lose, they forget about it the next day and come back out and play again. I would give anything to go back to that age.

In addition to coaching, I started playing soccer again. I'm a member of several adult teams. I play with Spikey Mike's coworkers. We're not very good competitively, but they're cool peoples...and they love to drink/snowboard so that's win win for me. I also started up a team with my coworkers. They're awesome. Everyone on the team is extremely skilled. I feel weaksauce playing alongside them.

Both my teams are coed. I've found though, that's extremely hard to find enough women to play. My team with my coworkers struggles to find enough girls to play each week, and often times we have to play one down. If any of you happen to be of the estrogen bearing variety and would like to play, holla at your boy!

Other than that, snowboard season is pretty much over...so most of you should start seeing me on the weekends again.

No comments: