Monday, March 22, 2010

3/22/10

Hello there friends! The weather has officially christened the beginning of the 2010 Spring season. And that means that movie blockbuster season is just around the corner, restaurant lines will be longer, and summer jams will soon fill the radio airwaves. So, with all that being said, here's the week's hot joints:

Music:
Agnes - Release Me


OK, so this song really isn't new at all. It debuted last fall. But it's hit #1 on the Billboard's List of Dance songs, and pretty much nobody knows about it. Why do I like it? The beat reminds me of mid to late 90's style electronic music with a certain funky groove I just can't quite put my finger on. So anywhoo, for those of you who love to dance like me, you can't help but hear a song like this and not tap your foot (if you're unable to physically get up and dance). 3/5 Stars

Movies:
Alice in Wonderland


Original AIW was a classic. Johnny Depp is on fire on the tails of the Pirates series. The remake, pretty much the culmination of both. The visuals were awesome. A bit trippy as if you were on some kind of hallucinogenic drug, but for the most part, good. I'm still not sold on the whole 3D technology that so many movies are using nowadays, especially since they make already expensive movies that much more costly to watch, but I suppose it made the movie more exciting. Overall, I think the movie was good. Those of you who know me, know that I pretty much like almost any movie, so in my scale of movies, this one was average. It was good, but it wasn't AMAZING. 3.5/5 Stars

Restaurants:
Primetime Sports Grille


Located in Fairfax (corner of Waples Mill and Route 50), this new sports bar is going to be the new hot spot for sporting events in Northern Virginia. The atmosphere of the place reminds me of Velocity 5 except without the long drive out to crowded Falls Church/Arlington. For those of us who live on the western end of Northern VA, Primetime is the solution to our laziness. On top of all that, I had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners of the bar last weekend, and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. So bottom line, if you're looking for food, a drink, or a place to watch sporting events....no need to search anywhere but Primetime. Oh, and did I mention...it's a Hokie bar? Bam! 5/5 Stars

No comments: