Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25/10

Hey hey. Another week, another review. First, I just wanna put it out there that I spent the majority of last week taxi-ing my cousin (who was visiting us from Vietnam) around DC for various tourist attractions. That being said, my restaurant choice this week isn't a new restaurant, just one I hadn't been to in a very long time, and definitely one that is worth checking out if you've never been before. So anywhoo, here's this week's hot joints. Enjoy:

Music:
Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart


I realize this goes without saying...but Alicia Keys is awesome. And if you're as sick of Empire State of Mind as I am, give this song a try, cuz I can't stop listening to it. 4/5 Stars.


Movies:
Book of Eli


As far as I can remember, Denzel Washington has not made a bad movie. Even when he makes a movie that isn't an amazing success, it's still good. This is one of those movies that is AWESOME. You begin watching the film, and immediately, you're invested in what Mr. Washington's character is doing. And the only thing I'm gonna say, without giving away anything about the movie, is that as soon as you finish watching the movie, you're gonna wanna go back and watch it again. 4.5/5 Stars.

Restaurants:
Minh's Restaurant


Located in Arlington, which is arguably the mecca of trendy food in Northern Virginia, this Vietnamese restaurant is great. From the trendy traditional decor to the tasty authentic flavors of the food, this restaurant delivers on all cylinders. So much so, that the restaurant made Washingtonian magazine's top 100 restaurants list this past month. Now, avid readers of the magazine will tell you that there were other Vietnamese restaurants that also made the list at higher rankings (Present, Four Sisters, etc.), but if you're looking for a classy place to eat, Minh's is right up there (regardless of number ranking). And take it from a self-proclaimed food connoisseur, Minh's won't disappoint. And if you don't believe me, just ask former Top Chef winner Hung Huynh, who has made an appearance at Minh's in the past to support the local hot spot. 4/5 Stars

1 comment:

Brad said...

Wassup Long! Happy Belated BDAY/New Year! Hope you're doing well. I also agree...Book of Eli was awesome!