Thursday, December 3, 2009

BRAND NEW BLOG.

Wassup Peoples,

So those of you who have known me since my AIM days know that I keep a review in my profile of the weekly Hot Movies, Music, and Food in the DC Area. Since I don't ever log in to AIM anymore, except through GMAIL's gchat system, I've found it easy to forget to update my AIM profile. Thus, I am going to edit my profile info to link to this blog and simply update my reviews here from now on. So for those who have followed me in AIM in the past, continue doing so here. And for those of you who have never followed me on AIM before, please enjoy:

Hot Joints of the Week:

Music:
Three 6 Mafia feat. Tiesto, Sean Kingston, and Flo Rida - Feel It


Lately, the trend has been for electronic artists (such as Tiesto and David Guetta) to continue creating their awesome electronic beats, but to feature hip hop and R&B artists as their vocals. It's like creating a new live mash-up as opposed to club djs who take two existing songs and mash them together. I still haven't made up my mind on whether I prefer this or regular all-electronic songs, but some of Guetta's new songs have been great. And this song, which I'm gonna call a Tiesto song even though it's listed as Three 6 featuring Tiesto, is HOT FIRE. Tiesto's beat has everything to do with it, and there are remixes out that are just the beat without the rappers. All in all though, this song in general is pretty awesome. 5/5 stars.

Movies:
Ninja Assassin


People will likely disagree with me due to Korean pop star "Rain"'s limited acting skill, but let's be honest, a great action movie isn't great because the actors are giving Oscar award winning performances. What DOES make this movie awesome is the special effects and unique cinematography. Action film enthusiasts may claim that this movie doesn't live up to its hype because too much action takes place in the dark....but I think that is exactly what MAKES this movie awesome. The concept of ninjas stealthily stalking their targets in the dark and killing them in vicious gory fashion without hardly being seen is why people go to see this movie in the first place. It reminded me of how I felt the first time I saw Kill Bill or 300. 4/5 Stars.

Restaurant:
Buffalo Wild Wings


OK, so for those of you who have never lived outside the DC metropolitan area, you may not have ever heard of a chicken wing chain called Buffalo Wild Wings (aka BW3's). This chain typically exists in college towns such as my alma mater Virginia Tech. BW3's (sometimes also called BDubs) is a great chicken wing restaurant that features some 15 or so different sauce flavors for their mighty chicken. You can even order the sauce on full size drumsticks as opposed to buffalo wings. And once a week, there's a wing night where wings are like $0.35 a piece. There's also a drumstick day where drumsticks are like $0.55 a piece. Either way, the chicken here is great, the sauces are delicious, and the atmosphere is great for watching sports, hanging out with friends, or just grabbing a bite to eat. For those of you with a gastronomical need for adventure, I recommend trying the "Blazing" wings. This is the hottest wing available at BW3's, and it's sure to bring a tear to your eyes. I also recommend not eating these until the end of your meal, so that you can enjoy the rest of it first. 5/5 Stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for off topic, but 2012 is close, is this really matter?

Anonymous said...

thanks for post.This article translate for me, my friend Marko
greetings from Camp from Thailand