Monday, July 12, 2010

7/12/10

Good morning peoples!

The World Cup has ended, and with that, I have a new blog for you all this week. I managed to go see a movie this week, and it was a good one, so without further ado, here's all the hot joints of the week. Enjoy!!!

Music:
Ne Yo --- Beautiful Monster


Ne Yo is one of my favorite R&B artists of all time. His new single is dabomb. It's got his typical groovy soulful voice over a hot dance beat. Makes me wanna dance everytime I hear the song. Easily one of my favorite tracks right now in this genre, which says a lot considering how many hip hop and r&b artists have singles or albums out right now that feature the mix of typical hip hop/r&b with electronic/pop/dance. 4.5/5 Stars

Movies:
Toy Story 3


So, I'm one of the last people I know to go watch Pixar's newest movie. And having now watched it, I am kicking myself for not going earlier. I should've known when I got to the mall this past weekend at 2 in the afternoon...several weeks after the movie debuted...and it was still sold out...that the movie must be good. I just didn't know it was going to be GREAT! The movie was hilarious from beginning to end. The story was moving and sad, and nearly made me cry at the end. Pixar took its animation to a new level, and if this is the conclusion of the "Toy Story", then it was a beautiful one. This may be the best movie I've seen this year. 5/5 Stars

Restaurants:
Bangkok Golden


So apparently, Fort Washington Maryland has this famous Thai restaurant with a great lunch/dinner buffet. I had never heard of it until I recently visited the Falls Church area of Northern Virginia and found the 3rd restaurant owned by this same owner. So I walked in and gave the restaurant a shot. It was delicious! The drunken noodles were flavorful, the panang curry was among the best I've ever had, and the basil chicken was sweet and tangy at the same time. I would definitely go eat here again, and having now tasted the lunch buffet, I'm interested as to whether there's even more dishes available during the dinner buffet. My only complaint would be that the restaurant is a bit small, not conducive to a large group. 4/5 Stars

No comments: